Need Better Security For Your iPad or iPhone? Here Are 2 Excellent Solutions
When you use mobile devices like iPhones and iPads, security is likely one of your top concerns. These devices are easy to lose track of, especially if you are utilizing them in your business space. Luckily, there are two excellent ways to secure them, which include the cable and lock security kit and the secure mounts. Before you decide which one to get, it helps to know the main benefits of each.
Cable and Lock Security
The cable and lock security kit gives you a lot of flexibility over using your device while it is locked. If you work in an office environment and like to keep your cell phone on a mount on the desk, but want to be able to get up without putting your phone’s data at risk, you can use the cable and lock. It will keep the phone locked up and connected to a 36-inch coated steel wire cable that can’t be tampered with. This type of security option is ideal for business professionals in an office, trade show participants, conference rooms, and business centers. Visit newPCgadgets Security Kits to see the above product.
Here are some of the primary benefits of the cable and lock security option:
- There is more flexibility with the device; you can move around the device just as much as if it were not connected to the secured cable.
- The cable and lock security kit comes with the acrylic base so you don’t need to purchase it separately.
- The acrylic base is mounted to a desk or other flat surface with an adhesive strip to keep it secured to the surface.
- The sturdy steel wire cable and aluminum brackets are included with the purchase, in addition to a steel mounting plate.
- There is a 30mm brass padlock to keep it secure even if you aren’t around.
Secured Stationary Mount
The other option you have for securing your iPad, iPad Mini or iPhone is to use the acrylic stationary mount. This is often preferred when you use your device in a retail space where you want to use it mainly as a display, but still want access to the touch screen and other buttons. The acrylic base keeps the entire device secure in the base and on the surface. Someone can walk up to the device and look at it or even use the touchscreen, but can’t move it around like with the wire and cable set; this is the main drawback. Visit newPCgadgets Counter Mounts to see the above product.
However, there are still some fantastic benefits, including:
- Acrylic base keeps the device secure with durable stainless steel security brackets that can’t be tampered with.
- The touchscreen is still available for displays or demonstrations. This is good if you sell devices in a retail store or attend trade shows and want to show new apps you have developed for the device.
- The clear acrylic mount has the same sleek look as the Apple store.
- There are multiple options for display, including between portrait and landscape, and with a wall or tabletop mount.
When deciding between these two options, the main thing to decide is whether you just want the touchscreen to be accessed, or if you prefer having the entire device mobile, but still secured.